1. Turn off the television and computer
2. Read to your child each night.
3. Set an example: let your child see that YOU read. Have magazines and newspapers around the house and utilize them.
4. Schedule a "GAME NIGHT" for the family when all members of the family play a board game together (following directions as well as many other skills are learning here).
5. Schedule a family outing (the zoo, a museum, the aquarium) where your child and you can experience what has been only seen on TV, computer or read about in books.